RocketChat ID: BG9RyWwtgEttMkJC8
380 total messages. Viewing 100 per page.
Page 1/4 | Next
@Mark MO Given the location, Sunday night might be a better time for stickering so as to maximize the number of people who see it. As for Saturday, I've got a prior commitment in the afternoon/early evening
Can't say exactly when I'll be done with it, not until 7PM at the earliest
I won't be able to make it to the meeting tonight, helping gf in the hospital get ready for upcoming back surgery.
Oh my, good luck with that Patrick.
Meeting in 45
I'll be a few minutes late
push up: 53
Sit up: 63
Keep it up everyone before long this chat will be deleted and a network shall be established.
Well that's good.
Who can I ride with to Texas? I am desperately trying to stay active and keep my promises, while going through the struggle of my life right now.
:pfred: Individual packing list. :pfred:
:pfflag: 🚚 Travel Clothing: All travel clothing items must be politically neutral, prioritize dull colors, absence of revealing marks or identifying features such as company logos, college icons, or city references. Multiple layers for weather changes and shedding of articles for en route activism. Medical masks are encouraged during stops. Dress code items are not to be worn in transit, nor are any organizational patches.
Average temperatures along the travel route will range from 40 degrees to 70 degrees. Bring appropriate layers for all situations.
- 🧢 Hat. (Cap, booney, etc.)
- 🕶 Sunglasses.
- 😷 Medical style mask. (Ear loops.)
- 👕 Compliant shirt, pants/shorts, shoes. (No open toed shoes.)
:pfflag: :betsy: Activism Dress Code: Activism dress code is only to be worn on command. Its contents are to remain neatly stored, clean, and undamaged during travel. Place your User ID or Alias on the tags or otherwise within your shirt, coat, hat, and other dress code items of interest so they remain in your possession.
Temperatures at the location are expected to be low. Expect long periods of exposure to wind and cold. Hydration is key in the days leading up to the action, and the time of the action itself.
- :pfflag: Cap w/ Chevron Patch.
- 👷🏻♂️ Bump cap insert.
- 🕶 Sunglasses (Aviators Preference)
- ⬜ Blank white mask.
- Dress Code Jacket
- 👖 Khaki or tan colored pants.
- 🥾 Appropriate boots. (Expect lots of movement)
- "Tactical" or work gloves. Strongly encouraged for protection from the heat of flares, smoke devices, better grip on flags and shields. (No hard knuckle.) (Preference tan/coyote.)
:pfflag: 🎒 Additional Items: Optional or non-necessary items will be marked with an asterisk.
- ⛺ Camping supplies. Tent, sleeping bag. `(Confirm with your travel lead if/where you will be camping. Coordinate with tents to ensure efficient use.)
- 💸 [$25] Cash for event payment. Note: This total does not include your travel fees. Confirm with your travel lead to find your precise total.
- 🚰 Reusable canteen(s) of at least one liter.
- Personal sanitation kit. (toothbrush, deodorant, etc.)
- :betsy: :pfflag: ANY & ALL organizational flags in possession, or in possession of locals.
- Additional bottled water. (Kept on person.)
- Water Bottle Belt Holder.
- Money for purchases during travel, or purchase of workshop materials at the event. (Cash Only)(This amount is subject to personal preference and travel specifics, confirm with travel lead.) ^
- IMPORTANT: Cash contributions for...
- Legal Fund, which will go towards ensuring the safety and freedom of activists currently under threat, and repaying those who have already kept our members from dire harm on numerous occasions. Contributions could make the difference between the continued work and efforts of an activist, or dangerous injuries at the hands of state oppression.
- Purchase of promotional materials (stickers, flyers), patches (official/unofficial), stencils, posters, etc. This will be the last time, potentially, for some time to resupply in person. You may be more specific with the items you receive, and there are no shipping fees or wait times. Communicate with your locals, or NW and ensure you are getting what you need to sustain activity.
- Our travel distances will vary widely, but expect to engage in stops or activities in travel dress code regardless.
- Pack as light as you can in terms of gear and clothing to avoid space issues. Keep everything well organized.
- Do not skimp out on water or hydration. Your party may be unable or unlikely to make stops for resupply beyond a certain point.
- If you haven't gotten really comfortable with the outdoors thus far this season, get to it. Walks and runs are suggested.
- Event fees are subject to change. Confirm with your travel lead to ensure you have the correct information.
- If you need additional links or suggestions for any of the items listed above, please ask so.
- Long hair is to be tied into a knot at the base of the neck when activism dress code is worn.
@all @all @all
GEAR LIST FOR DEC 4th PREPARE ACCORDINGLY.
Are we renting or same vehicle as last time? $100+ for travel reimbursement about right?
When is everyone leaving for Texas?
Lantern (4 pack may be split over 4 men)
Clip-on hat light
Must have a light for the campsite on Dec 4th. @Mark MO I'll leave this up to you. Both are required.
Also everyone will need a tent.
Rhe lantern and hat lights are for the march than?
We may have camp activities that occur after hours, so it's important to have them.
Those exact models?
Just a head lamp of some sort.
I have extras I can give y'all tomorrow.
Alright, I'll see what lanterns they have at homedepot.
Kyle Rittenhouse not guilty on all charges
Contemporary German translation of the Declaration of Independence
Provided for the general interest
Plenty of Germans in America even then (aside from the Germanic Anglo-Saxons, of course)
The highlighted word is "Volk", which I realize may not be easy to read in that font
Is volk a word of significance?
As I understand it, it was chosen very deliberately in this context
the translators of the Pennsylvanische Staatsbote made a point of using the word Volk instead of Einwohner (which does not carry the same connotation of a shared blood, land, and history)
Muting out, back to work
Does anyone have spare boots I can borrow in size 11? If not, how tall do they have to be? Mine won't come in the mail until Dec 15th. I really don't feel like spending another $150-200.
I went to walmart and none were that tall.
If no one does-I sent you a message.
Is this about my grammar question or did something important happen?
Also, happy Thanks Giving everyone.
Yes @all have a great Thanksgiving
That's a funky sticker on the bottom there. One of yours, Clarke?
Stole image from telegram lol
It's groovy. Keep it up.
Meeting in 50 minuets
That's a nice grey, i can't wait to see this thing in action.
Thanks to Sean KS for the stickers and our joint stickering he coordinated and made happen which will be posted shortly.
Congratulations on the bus, couldn't be a better fit for our region and it's ever expanding reach.
What are you gonna name it?
Hate Bus 2000 < my suggestion
The Buffalo Goose
no, no i have not
I'm imagining something like that but with the fasces
Gonna be home in 10 minutes, got a whole bunch of photos to post
also, don't text (type) and drive
@Sean KS I've always wanted a car where I could push a button and a middle finger flips up from the roof. People wouldn't even be mad. Just amused.
I couldn't find the photo I was looking for, the one where the banner says something like "THE SYMBOL OF WHITE POWER", but it's the same setup
380 total messages. Viewing 100 per page.
Page 1/4 | Next