RocketChat ID: BG9RyWwtgEttMkJC8
Awesome work @Sean KS saw all the pictures that you posted in Activism as well. You’ve been busy!
19 stars be like
But I still really like it
The name for the bus is Columbia Transit. This is because it already had that name on the side when I purchased her. Fate or luck? Either way it's a perfect name.
Also great shot.
:pfred: Individual packing list. :pfred:
:pfflag: 🚚 Travel Clothing: All travel clothing items must be politically neutral, prioritize dull colors, absence of revealing marks or identifying features such as company logos, college icons, or city references. Multiple layers for weather changes and shedding of articles for en route activism. Medical masks are encouraged during stops. Dress code items are not to be worn in transit, nor are any organizational patches.
Average temperatures along the travel route will range from 40 degrees to 70 degrees. Bring appropriate layers for all situations.
- 🧢 Hat. (Cap, booney, etc.)
- 🕶 Sunglasses.
- 😷 Medical style mask. (Ear loops.)
- 👕 Compliant shirt, pants/shorts, shoes. (No open toed shoes.)
:pfflag: :betsy: Activism Dress Code: Activism dress code is only to be worn on command. Its contents are to remain neatly stored, clean, and undamaged during travel. Place your User ID or Alias on the tags or otherwise within your shirt, coat, hat, and other dress code items of interest so they remain in your possession.
Temperatures at the location are expected to be low. Expect long periods of exposure to wind and cold. Hydration is key in the days leading up to the action, and the time of the action itself.
- :pfflag: Cap w/ Chevron Patch.
- 👷🏻♂️ Bump cap insert.
- 🕶 Sunglasses (Aviators Preference)
- ⬜ Blank white mask.
- Dress Code Jacket
- 👖 Khaki or tan colored pants.
- 🥾 Appropriate boots. (Expect lots of movement)
- "Tactical" or work gloves. Strongly encouraged for protection from the heat of flares, smoke devices, better grip on flags and shields. (No hard knuckle.) (Preference tan/coyote.)
:pfflag: 🎒 Additional Items: Optional or non-necessary items will be marked with an asterisk.
- ⛺ Camping supplies. Tent, sleeping bag. `(Confirm with your travel lead if/where you will be camping. Coordinate with tents to ensure efficient use.)
- 💸 [$25] Cash for event payment. Note: This total does not include your travel fees. Confirm with your travel lead to find your precise total.
- 🚰 Reusable canteen(s) of at least one liter.
- Personal sanitation kit. (toothbrush, deodorant, etc.)
- :betsy: :pfflag: ANY & ALL organizational flags in possession, or in possession of locals.
- Additional bottled water. (Kept on person.)
- Water Bottle Belt Holder.
- Money for purchases during travel, or purchase of workshop materials at the event. (Cash Only)(This amount is subject to personal preference and travel specifics, confirm with travel lead.) ^
- IMPORTANT: Cash contributions for...
- Legal Fund, which will go towards ensuring the safety and freedom of activists currently under threat, and repaying those who have already kept our members from dire harm on numerous occasions. Contributions could make the difference between the continued work and efforts of an activist, or dangerous injuries at the hands of state oppression.
- Purchase of promotional materials (stickers, flyers), patches (official/unofficial), stencils, posters, etc. This will be the last time, potentially, for some time to resupply in person. You may be more specific with the items you receive, and there are no shipping fees or wait times. Communicate with your locals, or NW and ensure you are getting what you need to sustain activity.
- Our travel distances will vary widely, but expect to engage in stops or activities in travel dress code regardless.
- Pack as light as you can in terms of gear and clothing to avoid space issues. Keep everything well organized.
- Do not skimp out on water or hydration. Your party may be unable or unlikely to make stops for resupply beyond a certain point.
- If you haven't gotten really comfortable with the outdoors thus far this season, get to it. Walks and runs are suggested.
- Event fees are subject to change. Confirm with your travel lead to ensure you have the correct information.
- If you need additional links or suggestions for any of the items listed above, please ask so.
- Long hair is to be tied into a knot at the base of the neck when activism dress code is worn.
@all @all @all
Make sure you all double check your gear before Thursday.
If you don't have something, ask hear, one of us may have an extra.
Question: What color is a compliant shirt?
Thank you. That’s the only thing I lack. I shall run to H&M/F21 tomorrow after work and if nothing else Walmart before we leave Thursday.
Yes make sure you have everything listed.
So I should use sharpie or something to mark the tags on dress code items?
It doesn't hurt to do so.
I think @Patrick MO said he was missing quite a bit, sometime tomorrow we should go down the list with him and work out what he needs
Compliant shirt, Chevron patch, bump cap insert, white mask, dress code jacket, tent, event payment, is what I am short.
Most of it is at ex's house and I can't get it before the event.
How much food should I bring for myself? I'll probably make some and pack it up tonight.
We'll probably need snack / trail food the most. Granola bars, nuts, jerky, crackers, that type of thing @Clarke MO
We can probably stop and buy some travel food on the way
But have some stuff for the event itself
As far as food goes your going to want to have food while we are camping as well as something for the road both ways. I wouldn't plan on a lot of stops to get food on the way up, the sooner we get there the better we will sleep the night before. If you can get it, an MRE has 2000 calories and has chemicals that make it so that you wont poop for a couple days. That's what I'm bringing.
its a sopakco
Does anyone have a spare mask?
@all Make sure to bring $20 for the event fee in cash and also up to $80 for gas minimum.
I have a black shirt, if I absolutely need a navy one I'll need to borrow one and pick myself out one later for the next event.
I believe the shirt needs to be a short sleeve, crew cut.
Wouldn't I be wearing stuff over it though
Yes, the jacket
And insulating clothing.
I'll be on the lookout for a navy shirt while I'm out then.
I checked further and I have sunglasses 😎 this style but aviators are at ex's as well.
I have the same kind. I'll have aviators next time.
You can stop by any gas station on your way up to grab a pair of aviators.
Noted. Will do.
Can one of you help a brother out with his tent real quick? I believe I have all the parts, dm me if you're available.
Nevermind, no time
@ND - Carter MO They're useless anyways. We'll for sure get some new people, hopefully nearby. Lets put Missouri on the map boys
Missouri has absolutely done a fair share of work this year and I've been very pleased to see our progress. One thing we need to focus on is filling the gaps between STL, KC, and Springfield. This can only be done by operating in the heart of the state. Jefferson City and Columbia have to produce recruits. It will be the main focus for the first half of this year.
They might be custom made, I'll just use pliers if you don't know
@Clarke MO its a custom security bit, you can find them online in sets for cheap. If I where near buy I would let you have mine. if you need to do something fast just use a pair of vicegrips and a small piece of wire or a heavy duty staple should do the trick.
Got it, thanks
It might be easier to just buy a set, any way you could let me know what they're called or dm me a link?
Meeting tonight @all 8 PM CST
Mumble meeting at 8 this Thursday to discuss KC area Network leadership.
Also, Hopefully there will be an influx of interviewees, I'll need a second man on these. Whose up to do some interviews with me and when are you available?
I apologize for dropping out, my phone died and I had to wrap up work real quick. Hope I didn't miss anything important. I presume it was about done with.
Irl interviews depends on location
I have confirmed with all but one of 4 people that our lake house will most likely be empty over new year's. Our extended family also owns the house next door, and that one may or may not be occupied
For now I'll go ahead with the plan
Awsome, and in person in our area.
Banner drop this saterday, mid day. We are going to keep up the momentum from Dec 4th. Making sure people know we are everywhere, also, if people can chip in for supplies, I'll try to get some banners together for Jeff City.
Ok I'll do it
Roughly what time of day
Ok let me know when you're scheduling those and I'll do my best. Hopefully some of the farther ones will be able to meet us halfway
They should be able to. And I'll alert the the KC area chat when we get them.
No weekly summary. You need to post a single photo anytime you're doing activism in this chat channel to show your efforts.
although this Saturday I've got something from 3:30-6:30
Tonight's meeting was canceled, and Friday had been commendiered, if you guys are still available we can do our meeting tonight at 8, carter's schedule permitting.
Also, some general advice, if you post an address or name, post it as it'd own statement to make copying it easier.
Details for the New Year's event
I will be hosting a New Year's get together for all of network 12 and Missouri regional as a whole. We will either be staying at my family's house at Lake of the Ozarks, or at a nearby location TBD - depending on our head count. This will be from Thursday December 30 through Sunday January 2. You are encouraged to attend the whole event but the most important part will be Saturday. The location is the gas station in Rocky Mount, MO. I will provide further information to drivers the day of the event, or an alternate location if we have too many guys. This gas station is within 10 minutes of the house.
We will plan to conduct extensive action on Saturday in Jefferson City - TBD by network leadership
Let me know if you will be able to attend, trying to get a head count
I’d like to attend.
I'll be there
Got you two and Randy so far