(DM) Thomas & ND - Eric PA
RocketChat ID: n8Hnfj4Hze86xAjyfwXz6iE4P7BBEefCoZ
52 total messages. Viewing 100 per page.
I am going to test out this butcher paper method soon, maybe under an overpass or something. From the sources you gave me it looks like surfaces of brick and concrete are not a problem
It will have better dead than red with the url, a fasces and the hammer and sickle with the arrow
Likely won’t be able to get to the billboard until next month, as I am prioritizing demo preparations and orienting newer members
That's fine, demo takes precedence.
Will you be on mumble tonight? Mark PA needs his authentication
This is a scripted message. An important announcement has just been posted in the #announcements channel. Please review it in detail and follow the instructions given. If we have not conversed recently (or since the last scripted message), give me an update on your organizing and any questions or matters I can assist with. Thank you.
Vetting server is down for me fyi
Not working for Ryan either
Give it a few minutes.
:pfred: Individual packing list. :pfred:
:pfflag: :truck: Travel Clothing: All travel clothing items must be politically neutral, prioritize dull colors, absence of revealing marks or identifying features such as company logos, college icons, or city references. Multiple layers for weather changes and shedding of articles for en route activism. Medical masks are encouraged during stops. Dress code items are not to be worn in transit, nor are any organizational patches.
Average temperatures along the travel route will range from 40 degrees to 70 degrees. Bring appropriate layers for all situations.
- :billed_cap: Hat.
(Cap, booney, etc.)
- :dark_sunglasses: Sunglasses.
- :mask: Medical style mask.
- :shirt: Compliant shirt, pants/shorts, shoes.
(No open toed shoes.)
:pfflag: :betsy: Activism Dress Code: Activism dress code is only to be worn on command. Its contents are to remain neatly stored, clean, and undamaged during travel. Place your User ID or Alias on the tags or otherwise within your shirt, coat, hat, and other dress code items of interest so they remain in your possession.
Temperatures at the location are expected to be low. Expect long periods of exposure to wind and cold. Hydration is key in the days leading up to the action, and the time of the action itself.
- :pfflag: Cap w/ Chevron Patch.
- :man_construction_worker_tone1: Bump cap insert.
- :dark_sunglasses: Sunglasses
- :white_large_square: Blank white mask.
- Dress Code Jacket
- :jeans: Khaki or tan colored pants.
- :hiking_boot: Appropriate boots.
(Expect lots of movement)
- "Tactical" or work gloves. Strongly encouraged for protection from the heat of flares, smoke devices, better grip on flags and shields.
(No hard knuckle.)
:pfflag: :school_satchel: Additional Items: Optional or non-necessary items will be marked with an asterisk.
- :tent: Camping supplies. Tent, sleeping bag.
(Confirm with your travel lead if/where you will be camping. Coordinate with tents to ensure efficient use.)`<br><br>- :money_with_wings: `[$25]` Cash for event payment. Note: This total does not include your travel fees. Confirm with your travel lead to find your precise total.<br>- :potable_water: Reusable canteen(s) of at least one liter.<br>- Personal sanitation kit. `(toothbrush, deodorant, etc.)`<br>- :betsy: :pfflag: *ANY & ALL* organizational flags in possession, or in possession of locals.<br>- Additional bottled water. `(Kept on person.)`<br>- Water Bottle Belt Holder.<br>`(https://tinyurl.com/waterbottlebeltholder)`<br>- *Money for purchases during travel, or purchase of workshop materials at the event.* `(Cash Only)(This amount is subject to personal preference and travel specifics, confirm with travel lead.)` ^
- IMPORTANT: Cash contributions for...
- Legal Fund, which will go towards ensuring the safety and freedom of activists currently under threat, and repaying those who have already kept our members from dire harm on numerous occasions. Contributions could make the difference between the continued work and efforts of an activist, or dangerous injuries at the hands of state oppression.
- Purchase of promotional materials (stickers, flyers), patches (official/unofficial), stencils, posters, etc. This will be the last time, potentially, for some time to resupply in person. You may be more specific with the items you receive, and there are no shipping fees or wait times. Communicate with your locals, or NW and ensure you are getting what you need to sustain activity.
- Our travel distances will vary widely, but expect to engage in stops or activities in travel dress code regardless.
- Pack as light as you can in terms of gear and clothing to avoid space issues. Keep everything well organized.
- Do not skimp out on water or hydration. Your party may be unable or unlikely to make stops for resupply beyond a certain point.
- If you haven't gotten really comfortable with the outdoors thus far this season, get to it. Walks and runs are suggested.
- Event fees are subject to change. Confirm with your travel lead to ensure you have the correct information.
- If you need additional links or suggestions for any of the items listed above, please ask so.
- Long hair is to be tied into a knot at the base of the neck when activism dress code is worn.
Can I have a county in VA to base travel party arrangements off of?
I’m making our list of stuff to bring for the event
I recall you saying we could get more poles? And they can be returned to the store afterwards?
If we need more poles I will add that to our list
we have 84 right now
Yes. We need 120 total.
Yes. Can be returned for 0 net cost.
Whoever can get and return them should. 40 more will require a truck. Someone closer can, or y'all, as long as it's done.
Met with 855780,if you have time this week he’s all set to be added
How are we doing on flags?
I have a shipment of 40 coming tomorrow, I hope. Chevrons and Nation's Banners.
Grant just ordered 30 more Federal banners.
More can't hurt. I'd like to give out the new ones I just bought, and make sure people in every wider area have at least one.
Ok, i will check in again later this week. Worst case scenario I will get some guys to split the bill on more 50 stars
Samuel is handling gear and camp equipment.
I was gonna wait until after the event to discuss this situation with you. Glad it has been resolved for the time being
Vincent expressed concern to me that his realization that he would not be granted special role during the action would cause a hubub during morning preparations which would damage the necessary flow of information and mentality of those with a massive task and limited time to complete it.
It’s a valid concern yes
You of course have the final word on this matter, I expect it to be followed now without debate, least of all mere days before the event in question. If you are interested, we can discuss the conflict as a whole after the event. I’d like to see cooperation between the two in the future, and I hope it can be realized through proper communication.
Yes, in the days leading up to any action, especially our largest and most complex, I am exceedingly intolerant of anything which will harm the necessary preparations. I do this for the safety of everyone involved. I am not picking any side. My side, is, has been, and always will be, the organization.
I believe Vincent will have no qualms as long as Ryan can temper his demeanor. It is a personal conflict about the housing situation that he conflates with the organizational matter. Projecting personality disputes onto an altogether indifferent planning process. Once it passes, the event goes well, he has a great time, I am sure his qualms will subside.
I want to confirm that 40 more poles are still needed? I will go and take care of this unless someone else has already committed to it
Confirm with Samuel.
Sam is taking care of it
I am going to have Alan and Jason write down their accounts of what they saw this weekend and send them to you
Make it so.
Just reminding you Interviewee 682985 still needs to be admitted to the server
I am holding onto Interviewee's who have passed initial vetting until standards are renewed in short order, and they will be subject to revetting.
I have another interviewee I was planning on meeting this weekend. Should I hold off on him then?
That will be enough time. Plan on it.
This is a scripted message. Please make sure to review the recent announcement. Thank you.
These individuals can all confidently be removed from the lisy
Nick NY as well
Met with 251979, he is good to go
Give me a report. How are the new standards?
New standards are good. Checking social media and searching the clothes were things we were already doing. I am more specifically working on my questions, asking more questions, looking for details to elaborate on, having interviewees repeat questions to make sure they are consistent.
If you have any notes on that, report to Oversight with that info.
Is Patrick PA going to be a non network member?
He seems to be in the middle of the state, not in NW13 or NW10.
Ideally, we could flesh out a central state cluster. With Alexander as the POC.
Ok, I will communicate with him regularly, and be sure to have him and Alex meet soon
52 total messages. Viewing 100 per page.