(DM) Brandon CA & Bryan NV
RocketChat ID: NcobGsENpx8k9xaW3s7kB7RE2dto72aZJw
24 total messages. Viewing 100 per page.
Do you know if promat is getting sent out or are we waiting for the bake sale?
Not going to the drilling event, didnt even know there was one. Cant make it
That is a question best forwarded to Thomas. He is sending stuff out, yes, but you could ask him if you could pick up your order at the event. There will also be Primary for sale there in general.
:pfred: Individual packing list. :pfred:
:pfflag: 🚚 Travel Clothing: All travel clothing items must be politically neutral, prioritize dull colors, absence of revealing marks or identifying features such as company logos, college icons, or city references. Multiple layers for weather changes and shedding of articles for en route activism. Medical masks are encouraged during stops. Dress code items are not to be worn in transit, nor are any organizational patches.
Average temperatures along the travel route will range from 40 degrees to 70 degrees. Bring appropriate layers for all situations.
- 🧢 Hat. (Cap, booney, etc.)
- 🕶 Sunglasses.
- 😷 Medical style mask. (Ear loops.)
- 👕 Compliant shirt, pants/shorts, shoes. (No open toed shoes.)
:pfflag: :betsy: Activism Dress Code: Activism dress code is only to be worn on command. Its contents are to remain neatly stored, clean, and undamaged during travel. Place your User ID or Alias on the tags or otherwise within your shirt, coat, hat, and other dress code items of interest so they remain in your possession.
Temperatures at the location are expected to be low. Expect long periods of exposure to wind and cold. Hydration is key in the days leading up to the action, and the time of the action itself.
- :pfflag: Cap w/ Chevron Patch.
- 👷🏻♂️ Bump cap insert.
- 🕶 Sunglasses (Aviators Preference)
- ⬜ Blank white mask.
- Dress Code Jacket
- 👖 Khaki or tan colored pants.
- 🥾 Appropriate boots. (Expect lots of movement)
- "Tactical" or work gloves. Strongly encouraged for protection from the heat of flares, smoke devices, better grip on flags and shields. (No hard knuckle.) (Preference tan/coyote.)
:pfflag: 🎒 Additional Items: Optional or non-necessary items will be marked with an asterisk.
- ⛺ Camping supplies. Tent, sleeping bag. `(Confirm with your travel lead if/where you will be camping. Coordinate with tents to ensure efficient use.)
- 💸 [$25] Cash for event payment. Note: This total does not include your travel fees. Confirm with your travel lead to find your precise total.
- 🚰 Reusable canteen(s) of at least one liter.
- Personal sanitation kit. (toothbrush, deodorant, etc.)
- :betsy: :pfflag: ANY & ALL organizational flags in possession, or in possession of locals.
- Additional bottled water. (Kept on person.)
- Water Bottle Belt Holder.
- Money for purchases during travel, or purchase of workshop materials at the event. (Cash Only)(This amount is subject to personal preference and travel specifics, confirm with travel lead.) ^
- IMPORTANT: Cash contributions for...
- Legal Fund, which will go towards ensuring the safety and freedom of activists currently under threat, and repaying those who have already kept our members from dire harm on numerous occasions. Contributions could make the difference between the continued work and efforts of an activist, or dangerous injuries at the hands of state oppression.
- Purchase of promotional materials (stickers, flyers), patches (official/unofficial), stencils, posters, etc. This will be the last time, potentially, for some time to resupply in person. You may be more specific with the items you receive, and there are no shipping fees or wait times. Communicate with your locals, or NW and ensure you are getting what you need to sustain activity.
- Our travel distances will vary widely, but expect to engage in stops or activities in travel dress code regardless.
- Pack as light as you can in terms of gear and clothing to avoid space issues. Keep everything well organized.
- Do not skimp out on water or hydration. Your party may be unable or unlikely to make stops for resupply beyond a certain point.
- If you haven't gotten really comfortable with the outdoors thus far this season, get to it. Walks and runs are suggested.
- Event fees are subject to change. Confirm with your travel lead to ensure you have the correct information.
- If you need additional links or suggestions for any of the items listed above, please ask so.
- Long hair is to be tied into a knot at the base of the neck when activism dress code is worn.
Any recommendations for boots for marching?
My work boots arent cutting it
These are the ones I use, my pair have served me well for years, both in work, activism, trudging up mountains and through snow. Bates is also one of the boot makers that is highly preferred by the U.S. military.
With the black Friday sale going on you can probably get a decent discount off them too. Code is "BLACK FRIDAY".
Nice thanks, looks like its only available in black
Black or tan works for the activism uniform but if you need tan specifically there are plenty of options on Bates. Check through the Tactical and Military Branch sections and you will see plenty of tan boots. I do recommend considering something with water resistance, it really does come in handy, composite toe is nice too.
Those specific pair you linked I'm sure are good of course though I have never used them, Bates generally has a very good reputation for their products.
I'll look into these Thanks
Also Happy Thanksgiving
No problem, glad to help. Happy Thanksgiving to you and your family as well.
I'm in baggage claim
Check regional chat.
Take air train to area p3
Do you have any forms of communication on other platforms with Norman CA outside of Rocket Chat?
Need a reply
No, Not that I know of
24 total messages. Viewing 100 per page.