(DM) Tyler CT & Norman MA
RocketChat ID: NgWh7CJyCkMCtCsRTaLnHYStHEnp9yd8EE
23 total messages. Viewing 100 per page.
Hello! Two things:
1 Thanksgiving approaches, and we would like to have a family friendly dinner among our Network. Which days would you be available for a dinner from about noon to about 5pm on the 26th, 27th, and 28th? We will pick one day that works for the most people.
2 December also approaches, and with it, an event of major importance for our organization. Please be sure you have all the pieces of your uniform and that you have Thursday night through and including Sunday (2nd to the 5th) available. Please tell me the soonest time you will be available on Thursday.
Also, you need to set up Threema. Please send me your Threema ID.
Nov 26th would be the day that works for me.
Aye- will let you know soon.
:pfred: Individual packing list for December event :pfred:
READ THIS IN ITS ENTIRITY
:pfflag: 🚚 Travel Clothing: All travel clothing items must be politically neutral, prioritize dull colors, absence of revealing marks or identifying features such as company logos, college icons, or city references. Multiple layers for weather changes and shedding of articles for en route activism. Medical masks are encouraged during stops. Dress code items are not to be worn in transit, nor are any organizational patches.
Average temperatures along the travel route will range from 40 degrees to 70 degrees. Bring appropriate layers for all situations.
- 🧢 Hat.
(Cap, booney, etc.)
- 🕶 Sunglasses.
- 😷 Medical style mask.
- 👕 Compliant shirt, pants/shorts, shoes.
(No open toed shoes.)
:pfflag: :betsy: Activism Dress Code: Activism dress code is only to be worn on command. Its contents are to remain neatly stored, clean, and undamaged during travel. Place your User ID or Alias on the tags or otherwise within your shirt, coat, hat, and other dress code items of interest so they remain in your possession.
Temperatures at the location are expected to be low. Expect long periods of exposure to wind and cold. Hydration is key in the days leading up to the action, and the time of the action itself.
- :pfflag: Cap w/ Chevron Patch.
- 👷🏻♂️ Bump cap insert.
- 🕶 Sunglasses
- ⬜ Blank white mask.
- Dress Code Jacket
- 👖 Khaki or tan colored pants.
- 🥾 Appropriate boots.
(Expect lots of movement)
- "Tactical" or work gloves. Strongly encouraged for protection from the heat of flares, smoke devices, better grip on flags and shields.
(No hard knuckle.)
:pfflag: 🎒 Additional Items: Optional or non-necessary items will be marked with an asterisk.
- ⛺ Camping supplies. Headlamps mandatory. Only bring a tent if asked by us.
[$25] Cash for event payment. Note: This total does not include your travel fees. Also bring $31 in gas money You will want also to bring extra cash for food, and purchasing promat and Org materials in Camp, or contributing to the legal fund.
- 🚰 Reusable canteen(s) of at least one liter.
- Personal sanitation kit.
(toothbrush, deodorant, etc.)
- :betsy: :pfflag: ANY & ALL organizational flags in possession, or in possession of locals.
- Additional bottled water.
(Kept on person.)
- Water Bottle Belt Holder.
- Money for purchases during travel, or purchase of workshop materials at the event.
(Cash Only)(This amount is subject to personal preference and travel specifics, confirm with travel lead.)
- IMPORTANT: Cash contributions for...
- Legal Fund, which will go towards ensuring the safety and freedom of activists currently under threat, and repaying those who have already kept our members from dire harm on numerous occasions. Contributions could make the difference between the continued work and efforts of an activist, or dangerous injuries at the hands of state oppression.
- Purchase of promotional materials (stickers, flyers), patches (official/unofficial), stencils, posters, etc. This will be the last time, potentially, for some time to resupply in person. You may be more specific with the items you receive, and there are no shipping fees or wait times. Communicate with your locals, or NW and ensure you are getting what you need to sustain activity.
- Our travel distances will vary widely, but expect to engage in stops or activities in travel dress code regardless.
- Pack as light as you can in terms of gear and clothing to avoid space issues. Keep everything well organized.
- Do not skimp out on water or hydration. Your party may be unable or unlikely to make stops for resupply beyond a certain point.
- If you haven't gotten really comfortable with the outdoors thus far this season, get to it. Walks and runs are suggested.
- Event fees are subject to change. Confirm with your travel lead to ensure you have the correct information.
- If you need additional links or suggestions for any of the items listed above, please ask so.
- Long hair is to be tied into a knot at the base of the neck when activism dress code is worn.
Ready your Gear NOW brothers! Be prepared ahead of time so our travel goes smoothly and you may become a functioning member of this great feat to come!
Any issues at all please DM me or @Norman MA
In the future, for something like a work party, you should be able to step out for a few minutes to give your action report. Regardless, please DM me the info I need tonight.
Hey so I actually tried joining the call when I stepped out but got kicked.
I saw you were in for a second. You'll want to get that issue fixed. Do you think it's a problem with your internet connection? I still need your commitment for next week. These commitments are important so you must fulfill them. I see that you missed last week's.
I joined and it kicked me both times. I honestly thought that you had kicked me out. Weird. My commitment will be 2.
Question about the December event: where is the meetup location? Because I do not have access to a car.
More specifically: I need help getting there.
The final meet-up before departure is in CT, but the MA guys may meet-up elsewhere. We'll make sure someone can give you a ride. Josh said he's free all day that Thursday so he should be able to pick you up.
Hey I have a problem that may become a bigger problem
Ok. Care to explain?
Also, at what time on this Thursday will you be available? We'll meet up pretty late, but I need to know the soonest time that each person is available.
I am currently in Vermont looking after my little sister while my father looks after my mom in the hospital and works to pay the bills. I am awaiting on my sister to arrive to relieve me of looking after my little sister and so I can go back to Boston and work. She may be here soon or she might be here sooner. I am in a very stressed state right now and will keep you updated.
I'm sorry to hear about those troubles. I wish there was a way for me to help. Keep me updated, and do what you can to join us Thursday evening since everyone's attendance is crucial.
Thank you. Will keep you updated.
Can I get an update on your availability for this weekend? This is an important event which requires your attendance especially since you've already confirmed yourself as available.
Sorry man will update you again in a couple.
You have not been very responsive since the day you joined, and we still have you as confirmed for tonight. Your membership is in jeopardy.
Man I have been dealing with a lot of person things recently. I am sorry
23 total messages. Viewing 100 per page.