Message from Deleted User in #FedsShallRiseAgain! #fremont-feds
Because I don't want to call for anything we already have.
Both regional and Federal
So what gun control measures are currently in force?
Lincoln passed this a while ago: https://uselectionatlas.org/FORUM/index.php?topic=285892.0
Section 1: Title and Definitions
1. The title of this act shall be the “Gun Reform Act.”
2. An "Assault weapon" is defined as an AR-15.
3."Bumpstocks" is defined as the act of using the recoil of a semi-automatic firearm to fire shots quickly.
Section 2: Regulations
1. The sale and use of bump stocks in Fremont is hereby illegal.
2. No state is allowed to prohibit the sale and use of assault weapons.
3. No state is allowed to have more than a seven day or less than a 72 hour waiting period before acquiring a gun.
4. No state is allowed to ban less than 15 rounds of ammunition.
5. Gun manufactures should not be held accountable if an individual commits or attempts to commit a crime with a gun, provided the gun was acquired in a legal way.
Section 3: Gun Purchases
1. Guns shall only be sold by sellers approved by the Commonwealth of Fremont.
a. Gun sales at gun shows shall be hereby prohibited unless by approved sellers.
Section 4: Violations
1. Unauthorized sale and/or gifting of weapons shall warrant a punishment of the gifter/seller to be determined by a court of law.
1. This act shall be implemented immediately,
I think some reforms may have been passed but nothing major
I know the no fly list restriction was passed
Can't remember if bump stocks were banned
Though all three regions banned them
Ban on automatic and semi-automatic weapons of course
Yes I believe so not 100% sure
That this house calls on the federal government to institute tighter Gun Control.
Whereas, current levels of gun crime and violence in Atlasia are the highest in the western world.
Whereas, the federal government has done nothing to combat this crisis.
Resolved, that the Commonwealth of Fremont calls on the federal government to institute tighter gun control measures.
Further Resolved, that such measures should include mandatory background checks on buyers of firearms.
Further Resolved, that such measures should include a federal gun registry with complete retroactivity.
Further Resolved, that such measures should include a complete ban on the manufacture, sale and possession of automatic and semi-automatic firearms.
Further Resolved, that such measures should include a complete ban on the carry of firearms for the purpose of self-defence without a permit.
Such a bill would most likley be unconstitutional
@Deleted User I am calling on the federal government to introduce such measures.
They can deal with constitutional issues.
Meanwhile I'm now drafting a bill to repeal our Gun Reform act.
Main aim is a complete ban on Assault Weapons within Fremont.
manufacture, sale and possession
@Deleted User If I want to pass conflicting legislation do I have to first repeal the conflicting legislation?
Namely, a Fremont Assault Weapons ban
Probably best but you can do so in the same bill
@Deleted User What If I only want to strike down parts of the original act.
I don't want to get rid of the bump stock ban.
1. Part XXX of The Gun Reform Act are repealed
XXX is whatever parts of the act you want it to be